If you haven’t heard yet, there’s a new AIP cereal in town! Meet Lovebird Cereal – it’s 100% AIP Elimination Stage Compliant and 100% AMAZING!
This product is a game-changer for anyone with AIP kiddos … like cerealously … what have y’all been giving your AIP toddlers to munch on with Cheerios off the table!?
And what a treat to be able to grab a quick bowl of cereal in the morning for breakfast or an anytime snack … zero guilt – it’s a clean and healthy, gut-friendly option.
♥ Sweetened by Nature – No Refined Sugar or Stevia
♥ No “Natural” Flavors
♥ Nothing Fake!
♥ Perfect served with dairy-free milk like coconut milk, banana milk or tigernut milk (or nut milk if you’ve reintroduced them)
Lovebird cereal comes in three flavors – unsweetened, honey and cinnamon – and all are 100% AIP elimination stage compliant!
Free of inflammatory ingredients and full of gut health boosting nutrition to support your family’s immunity. In a perfect world, you could eat fresh whole foods but life is busy and sometimes you need some convenient options. That’s why Parker created Lovebird foods “to clean up junk food”.
And as if that weren’t enough, Lovebird donates twenty percent (20%) of net profit from the sale of all Lovebird products to nonprofits in support of charitable programming and research in the fight against pediatric cancer.
Before I started the AIP, one of my go-to snacks or grab and go breakfasts was a simple granola/cereal bar. While sweets like this are no longer part of my daily morning routine it’s nice to have a little treat now and then, so I created these Chewy Apple Pie Lovebird Cereal Bars to satisfy my hankering for granola bars and my favorite kind of pie.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on social media @aiprecipecollection – I can’t wait to see your results and hear how you’ve enjoyed them.
- 1/2 Cup Crushed/Powdered* Cinnamon or Honey Flavor Lovebird Cereal (Approximately 1 1/4 Cups Whole Cereal)
- 1/2 Cup Whole Cinnamon or Honey Flavor Lovebird Cereal
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Dried Unsulphured* Fruit of Choice (I used a mixture of dried apples, apricots and raisins)
- 1 Tbsp Grass-fed Collagen Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 Cup Yellow Plantain (no black spots, can be slightly green), riced (see notes below for how to rice plantains)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Apple (no need to peel)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Optional: Additional whole Lovebird Cereal (any flavor) as a topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large mixing bowl, combine crushed and whole cereal, dried fruit, coconut, collagen, cinnamon and salt.
- Add riced plantain, apple and maple syrup. Mix well. You will have a very stiff batter or a ball of ingredients when everything is well incorporated
- Line an 8” X 8” baking pan/dish with parchment paper.
- Press the cereal bar mixture evenly into the pan/dish. Scatter whole Lovebird cereal over the top of the cereal bars and lightly press into the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove bars from the pan using the parchment paper and allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack., leaving the parchment paper attached.
- Cut into bars or squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Crushed / Powdered Cereal : I used a small blender cup to create a flour.
Dried Fruit & The AIP : ensure your dried fruit is UNsulphured and does not contain added sugar or non-compliant oils or preservatives
How to "Rice" Plantains : Simply peel and roughly slice into a food processor that has an "S" blade installed. Pulse until small rice size pieces are achieved. Try not to over-process the plantains into a batter.
If you don't have a food processor, peel the plantain and use a food grater to achieve a shredded consistency.