Looking for a budget-friendly meal that will impress even the toughest of critics? These simple, flavorful Herb-Marinated Chicken Thighs with Strawberry Balsamic Salsa paired with Spinach Strawberry Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing will satisfy the senses and delight the taste buds!
Welcome to the next installment of our truLOCAL sponsored AIP Recipe Collection Grill Series!
If you missed the earlier recipes in our series, be sure to check them out – AIP Recipe Collection Grill Series.
Our goal with this series is to bring you some drool worthy AIP grill recipes that EVERYONE will enjoy, but won’t take you forever and a day in the kitchen! That’s right folks – no need to cook separate meals when you’re serving up this kind of deliciousness!
Since we know that grilling can be a bit of an art, we’ve tried to make the step-by-step instructions as precise as possible, and have included a few useful tips to help even the beginner feel like king of the grill! But don’t worry – the recipes are easy!
But first, a word about our sponsor!
truLOCAL is a fully flexible meat delivery/subscription service that connects you with top-quality, LOCALLY sourced meat and fish!
- EAT BETTER
- SAVE TIME
- SHOP LOCAL
- ALWAYS FLEXIBLE ALWAYS FREE DELIVERY!
But wait, there’s more!
I’m thrilled that our partners at truLOCAL have agreed to offer my followers their CHOICE of amazing offers!
Get 10% OFF -or- FREE Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts in their first TWO orders!
Shop with our affiliate link here and use coupon code AIPRECIPES10 for 10% off – or – coupon code AIPRECIPES at checkout and you’ll receive 6 or 4 FREE Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts in your first TWO boxes! (In Regular Size Box Orders – 6 / In Small Size Box Orders – 4. Please be sure to shop with BOTH the affiliate link AND the Coupon Code in order for your FREE Chicken Breast offer to be credited correctly.)
This simple recipe is bursting with the fresh flavors of summer and uses common ingredients you probably already have on hand, and active prep and cook time is kept to a minimum – just what we all need!
We hope you enjoy this installment of our truLOCAL-inspired grilling series of recipes. Bon Appetite! ♥
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (stage 1 reintroduction)
- Thaw your truLOCAL chicken thighs in the refrigerator overnight or defrost in their packaging in cold water.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a shallow glass dish. Massage marinade into the chicken and arrange in a single layer and allow to marinade for 1 to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bring chicken to room temperature approximately 15 minutes before grilling, this will help ensure your meat cooks more evenly.
- While the chicken returns to room temperature, prepare the salsa. NOTE: prepare the salsa no further in advance than this for best results and flavor.
- Mix all mixing all salsa ingredients together in a small bowl and allow to stand covered at room temperature.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken thighs from marinade and place on pre-heated grill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow chicken thighs to cook over medium-high heat until they release easily from grill, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken thighs over, season again with salt and pepper and allow to cook on second side until chicken releases easily from grill. Reduce flame or move chicken to cooler spots on your grill to avoid burning or flareups. Continuing grilling chicken, turning and moving until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from grill and allow to rest, tented with foil, for a few minutes prior to serving. This allows the juices to settle back into the chicken.
- Serve with a couple of spoonfuls of Strawberry Balsamic Salsa on top.