Looking for an easy accompaniment to go with your Herb-Marinated Chicken Thighs with Strawberry Balsamic Salsa? Or craving something different for a simply flavorful AIP breakfast or lunch? It doesn’t get much easier than this Spinach Strawberry Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing!
As a stand-alone salad, this one’s fresh, light and so simple, and lends itself well to being topped with left over chicken, salmon or even canned tuna or sardines for a nutrient packed meal.
This recipe is part of our AIP Recipe Collection summer grilling project where we’re bringing you some tasty truLOCAL-inspired recipes.
Be sure to check out the main dish we suggestion pair this recipe with – Herb-Marinated Chicken Thighs with Strawberry Balsamic Salsa
- 6 Cups Baby Spinach, washed and spun dry
- 1 Cup Strawberries, washed, dried and then sliced
- ½ Cup Red Onion, thinly sliced
Honey Balsamic Dressing
- PREPARE THE DRESSING: Measure all dressing ingredients into an upright container and blend well with an immersion blender to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper to taste. TIP: If you find the dressing a little too sweet, try adding a squeeze or two of lemon.
- PREPARE THE FRUIT & VEG: Combine spinach, strawberries and red onion in a serving bowl.
- Just prior to serving, pour dressing over top and gently toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.