Before I started the AIP I used to love a big ‘ol feed of hot wings. Now, I still love wing night, but without the hot sauce. Now, my tastes have changed and crispy wings are my thing! I’m not saying I don’t miss a good sauce, but overall I’m too lazy to make my own, so I created these quick and delicious AIP BBQ chicken wings without the BBQ Sauce!
My goal was to create a simple recipe that doesn’t require much time in the kitchen or pre-planning for marinating (which most wing recipes call for if they’re not slathering them in sauce), and I think I pulled it off! I made sure my non-AIP hubby had some BBQ sauce on hand just in case he wasn’t thrilled with my creation, but he was more than happy with them sans-sauce. I call that an AIP winner!
truLOCAL is a fully flexible meat delivery/subscription service that connects you with top-quality, LOCALLY sourced meat and fish!
- EAT BETTER
- SAVE TIME
- SHOP LOCAL
- ALWAYS FLEXIBLE ALWAYS FREE DELIVERY!
But wait, there’s more!
I’m thrilled that our partners at truLOCAL have agreed to offer my followers their CHOICE of amazing offers!
Get 10% OFF -or- FREE Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts in their first TWO orders!
Shop with our affiliate link here and use coupon code AIPRECIPES10 for 10% off – or – coupon code AIPRECIPES at checkout and you’ll receive 6 or 4 FREE Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts in your first TWO boxes! (In Regular Size Box Orders – 6 / In Small Size Box Orders – 4. Please be sure to shop with BOTH the affiliate link AND the Coupon Code in order for your FREE Chicken Breast offer to be credited correctly.)
This simple recipe uses common ingredients you probably already have on hand, and there’s little active prep and cook time on this one so you can put your feet up and relax while you soak up some vitamin D!
Hope you enjoy! ♥
If you’re looking for more truLOCAL inspired recipes, be sure to check out my AIP Recipe Collection Grill Series!
- Thaw your truLOCAL chicken wings in the refrigerator overnight or defrost in their packaging in cold water.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Using your hands, massage the herbs and spices into the wings so they are all well coated.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Lower the flame to the lowest setting possible in one zone of your BBQ - leave the other zone set to medium-high.
- Place the wings in the cooler zone of the grill and cook with the lid closed. Flip the wings every 5 minutes, for a total cooking time of approximately 20 minutes - they should be golden brown, crispy and completely cooked through. As they cook, keep a close eye on the grill - if there are flare-ups or the wings begin to burn, move the wings to a cooler part of the grill or reduce the heat.
- Serve immediately.
Tips & Serving Suggestions :
- You could use this recipe with chicken legs or thighs but you'll need to adjust your cooking times and ensure an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
- Prefer your wings saucy? Join our searchable Facebook Group for inspiration and try searching BBQ Sauce, Ranch Dressing, Chimichurri Sauce, Honey Garlic, Orange Ginger or what ever might suit your fancy!
- Serve with a big healthy green salad, coleslaw, AIP "potato" salad or lots of AIP compliant veggies and dips! Try our searchable Facebook Group for lots of recipe ideas.