Ready for some sweet and simple self-care? Sweet … simple …. I’m in! Try this deliciously nourishing Sweet & Simple Lip & Face Scrub with TigerNuts oil!
TigerNuts? Wait, what!? Didn’t we just make porridge and crumble with that? Yes … yes, we did!
So, why TigerNuts oil? Just because I have it on hand (thanks to TigerNuts USA) and it sounded cool? No – because TigerNuts are legitimately a quality, natural beauty care ingredient you can reach for in your kitchen cupboards!
TigerNuts have a high content of oleic acid, low acidity and healthy fats which makes it exceptional for maintaining healthy, moisturized skin. Plus, this Premium Organic, Cold pressed Extra Virgin Oil has a variety of anti-inflammatory compounds which are good for acne-prone skin and antioxidants that help fight aging. Talk about win-win! You can reap these benefits by simply rubbing a dime-sized amount of TigerNuts oil each night on your face and lips before you go to bed.
Grab your Premium Organic Cold Pressed Extra virgin TigerNuts Oil here at TigerNuts USA and read more about ways you can use this beautiful bottle of liquid gold – click here.
Now that you know this stuff’s legit, let’s get back to that sweet and simple pick-me-up! Prep your scrub and head for a nice long bath with Epsom salts and a few drops of lavender essential oils. Put on your favorite relaxing spa music and lock the door!
- 1 tsp Premium Organic TigerNuts Oil
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Sugar
- Mix ingredients together in a small dish.
- If you haven't already, cleanse your face as usual.
- With lightly moistened hands apply the scrub mixture to your face and lips and gently massage your face in a circular motion for a few minutes.
- The slight moisture from your hands and the oil will dissolve the sugar fairly quickly so you won't over-exfoliate your skin.
- Gently pat your face with a warm, damp wash cloth that's been well rung out. You want to leave most of the nourishing oil on your face ... it feels ahhh-mazing!
- Apply a small amount of TigerNuts oil to your lips for a little extra moisture.
- This recipe is for a single use but you could easily mix up more and store it in a small glass jar - it's great for hands, cuticles and elbows too. OR just keep this amount on hand as a lip scrub.
- Feeling ambitious and want to add a little something extra to this? Add grated orange peel and/or a tiny drop of quality lavender essential oil for an aromatic lift (I've been buying my oils for years at KiAroma - I'm not an affiliate - I just love the fact that they're top-quality and very fair prices).