Fire up the Barbie, things are about to get delicious!
Our affiliates at truLOCAL have invited me to try my hand at some recipe development and have generously sponsored an AIP Recipe Collection Grill Series ! Can I get a woot-woot!?
I’m not gonna lie, recipe development is not my forté. I’ll be the first to admit that my sister is the one blessed with the culinary genes in this family! Thankfully, she accepted the challenge and has agreed to help me create some drool worthy AIP grill recipes that EVERYONE will enjoy. That’s right folks – no need to cook separate meals when you’re serving up this kind of deliciousness!
Since we know that grilling can be a bit of an art, we’ve tried to make the step-by-step instructions as precise as possible, and have included a few useful tips to help even the beginner feel like king of the grill. If the weather isn’t cooperating or you don’t have a grill, check out the notes below, I’ve included how to make these strictly in the oven as well.
But first, a word about our sponsor!
truLOCAL is a fully flexible meat delivery/subscription service that connects you with top-quality, LOCALLY sourced meat and fish!
- EAT BETTER
- SAVE TIME
- SHOP LOCAL
- ALWAYS FLEXIBLE ALWAYS FREE DELIVERY!
But wait, there’s more!
I’m thrilled that our partners at truLOCAL have agreed to offer my followers their CHOICE of amazing offers!
Get 10% OFF -or- FREE Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts in their first TWO orders!
Shop with our affiliate link here and use coupon code AIPRECIPES10 for 10% off – or – coupon code AIPRECIPES at checkout and you’ll receive 6 or 4 FREE Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts in your first TWO boxes! (In Regular Size Box Orders – 6 / In Small Size Box Orders – 4. Please be sure to shop with BOTH the affiliate link AND the Coupon Code in order for your FREE Chicken Breast offer to be credited correctly.)
While my sister’s the master chef and recipe creator, I’m the one living the AIP … and I know what y’all want! Simple, flavorful recipes using common ingredients that don’t take forever to prep and cook. Together, we hope to bring you something you and your whole family enjoy.
If you’re looking for even more truLOCAL inspired recipes, be sure to check out the rest of the recipes in our AIP Recipe Collection Grill Series! ♥
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (stage 1 reintroduction)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Pinches of Himalayan salt
- Thaw your truLOCAL ribs in the refrigerator overnight or
defrost in their packaging in cold water.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove ribs from packaging and pat dry.
- Optional, but recommended: When preparing pork ribs, take a minute to remove the ‘silver skin’. This is a thin membrane on the underside of the rack. Simply slide a knife under the silver skin anywhere along the rack and peel it away. Go here for a simple tutorial that might just put a smile on your face!
(We found that our truLOCAL ribs had very little silver skin.)
- Mix all spice rub ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Massage both sides of the ribs with the spice rub. Place ribs on a
parchment lined baking sheet and tent (not wrap) with aluminum foil.
- Roast for 1 hour in a 350F degree oven.
- While ribs are roasting, combine all glaze ingredients in a small,
heavy bottomed sauce pan, place over high heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat
and simmer uncovered until mixture is reduced and slightly thickened,
approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- If you're serving AIP Grilled Vegetables along side your ribs, you can use this time to prep them. (Once it's time to grill the ribs, both the ribs and your veg can be grilled at the same time.)
- Remove ribs from oven after 1 hour, set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high.
- Place ribs on the preheated grill and brush with glaze, allowing
glaze to caramelize. Turn every few minutes continuing to brush with glaze.
Reduce flame or move ribs to cooler spots on your grill to avoid burning or
flareups. Continue basting and turning for approximately 3-5 minutes using all
of your glaze or until ribs are thoroughly coated and caramelized.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
This ribs can be cooked just in the oven if you don't have a BBQ or the weather isn't cooperating.
After 1 hour, the ribs are fully cooked. Simply brush with glaze and cook them under the broiler for 5 minutes, brush with more glaze and broil for 5 minutes more allowing the glaze to caramelize. Keep close watch that they don't burn.