Matcha Veggie Energy Smoothie … that name’s a mouthful … and so is this smoothie!
Looking for a yummy, nutrient dense smoothie that won’t leave you feeling hungry in five minutes? Maybe even give you a kick of energy to get you through the day? Who needs coffee? Not you with this kick of Matcha!
I’m not usually a big smoothie fan, because I’m usually cold, but as the temps warm up I’ll often turn to one for a quick lunch or snack. I also avoid smoothies because the tasty ones are usually packed full of nothing but sugary fruit, and I really don’t care for the veggie-heavy smoothies – too green for me (I never seem to want a veggie smoothie when I actually have the fresh ingredients on hand), and raw veg is not always a friend to my delicate digestion!
Ironically I just created this VERY GREEN, yet delicious smoothie – no fresh veg required – so convenient!
The addition of healthy fat – avocado, digest supporting papaya and the Vital Proteins Collagen Veggie Blend (inspired by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne) helps with satiety. Just half a banana adds the bit of sweetness that you need and the final magic ingredient is Sun Goddess Matcha Pique Tea Crystals (Save 5% with Coupon Code: AIP5) for a kick of energy …. this one Matcha Veggie Energy Smoothie will take you further than you standard fruity concoction!
You can read more about why I recommend Pique Tea here, and how Matcha and green tea fit in on your AIP healing journey here.
- 1 Handful Frozen Papaya peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 Handful Frozen Avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 Fresh Banana sliced
- 8 oz Filtered Water (or more, depending on desired thickness)
- 1 or 2 Scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Veggie Blend
- 1 Packet Sun Godess Matcha Pique Tea Crystals (Save 5% with Code: AIP5)
- Whiz all ingredients together in a high-speed blender
- You could make this recipe with a variety of fruit, but be sure to use some avocado for satiety and good fats
- Wondering where to find Vital Proteins Veggie Blend Collagen Powder? You can buy it direct here or our affiliate shop, Shop AIP where you can find all kinds of ingredients for your AIP Lifestyle! Use Code: AIPRecipe to save 10% off your first order. ♥ Looing for more coupons - click here.
- You can find Pique Tea Crystals here. Read more about why I recommend Pique Tea here.
- Looking for more delicious smoothie recipes, breakfast and snack ideas? Join our searchable Facebook Group for lots of inspiration!