If you haven’t heard yet, there’s a new AIP cereal in town! Meet Lovebird Cereal – it’s 100% AIP Elimination Stage Compliant and 100% AMAZING!
This product is a game-changer for anyone with AIP kiddos … like cerealously … what have y’all been giving your AIP toddlers to munch on with Cheerios off the table!?
And what a treat to be able to grab a quick bowl of cereal in the morning for breakfast or an anytime snack … zero guilt – it’s a clean and healthy, gut-friendly option.
♥ Sweetened by Nature – No Refined Sugar or Stevia
♥ No “Natural” Flavors
♥ Nothing Fake!
♥ Perfect served with dairy-free milk like coconut milk, banana milk or tigernut milk (or nut milk if you’ve reintroduced them)
Lovebird cereal comes in three flavors – unsweetened, honey and cinnamon – and all are 100% AIP elimination stage compliant!
Free of inflammatory ingredients and full of gut health boosting nutrition to support your family’s immunity. In a perfect world, you could eat fresh whole foods but life is busy and sometimes you need some convenient options. That’s why Parker created Lovebird foods “to clean up junk food”.
And as if that weren’t enough, Lovebird donates twenty percent (20%) of net profit from the sale of all Lovebird products to nonprofits in support of charitable programming and research in the fight against pediatric cancer.
I couldn’t resist the opportunity to re-create an old family favorite with this seriously crunchy new cereal … say hello to Lovebird Cereal Cookie Clusters … or Cookie Bars … or Bird Food Bits – just for fun!
Yep, that’s right, you get to choose the presentation! You could even use this recipe to create little nests for baby showers or Easter cookie treats … or form it into mini donut shapes and decorate them as wreaths for the holidays! Think outside the cereal box on this one folks … have fun with it.
This no-bake recipe is fast and easy enough you can get your kids to help. It’s the perfect holiday or anytime treat!
When I had my non-AIP taste-testing hubby try these he was wowed! He said, “now that’s the kind of thing you take to someone’s house – no one will ever know it’s AIP!”
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on social media @aiprecipecollection – I can’t wait to see what you create.
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Lovebird Cereal (click here to order)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 4 Tbsp Tigernut Flour
- 3 Tbsp Avocado or Tigernut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Raw Honey
- 6 Tbsp Coconut Oil, gently melted (should be opaque, not translucent)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Carob Powder
- Line a cookie sheet or an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper depending on your preferred "sweet tweet" presentation - 1) Cookie Clusters, 2) Cookie Bars or 3) Bird Food Bits
- With the exception of the Lovebird cereal and shredded coconut, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the Lovebird cereal and shredded coconut and stir until completely coated.
- For Cookie Clusters: with damp hands gently form clusters about 1" in diameter and place them on the lined cookie sheet.
For Cookie Bars: with damp hands press the mixture firmly into an lined 8 x 8 pan.
For Bird Food Bits: turn the mixture out onto a lined cookie sheet and and spread it in a thin layer.
- Refrigerate your clusters, bars or bird food bits for 15-30 minutes or until firm.
- For cookie bars, once they're firm you can cut then into what ever size or shapes you like. For bird food bits, break them up into bite sized pieces.
- Store refrigerated in a sealed container.
The tigernut flour and tigernuts/avocado oil are to create tigernut butter, so if you have tigernut butter but not tigernut flour you can simply use 4 Tbsp. tigernut butter instead.