Looking for some easy accompaniments to go with your grilled meats? It doesn’t get much easier than these AIP Grilled Veggies!
This recipe is part of our AIP Recipe Collection summer grilling project where we’re bringing you some tasty truLOCAL-inspired recipes.
Be sure to check out the main dish we suggestion pair this recipe with – AIP Grilled Pork Ribs with Maple Glaze.
- Combine olive oil and minced garlic and allow to stand.
- Core radicchio and cut in half or quarters depending on the size
of the head (you don’t want them to be too thick). Wash thoroughly. Wrap in paper towels or clean kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- Trim and discard root end of leek, removing only as much as
necessary to allow leek to hold together for grilling. Trim off dark green ends of leek. Pull off and discard outer leaf or two of each leek. Cut the leek lengthwise and carefully rinse under cold running water until all sand has been removed (do not soak). Wrap in paper towels or clean kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- Pre-heat your BBQ to medium-high heat.
- If you're serving this recipe along side our AIP Grilled Pork Ribs with Maple Glaze, you'll put these veggies on the grill at the same time.
- Lightly brush vegetables with the garlic infused olive oil and
season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Place the vegetables cut side down on grill. Leaving lid open, cook until grill marks form, about 3 to 5 minutes. Gently turn the vegetables using tongs, brush with oil and season with salt and pepper and grill for about 5 minutes more. Take care not to over-cook the veggies, they should lightly charred and cooked through but retain an ‘al dente’ texture.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.