All-Natural Foaming Hand Soap
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to see what that means.
By now you probably realize that your AIP healing journey involves a lot more than just changing your diet. In an effort to support our healing journey, we also need to work toward removing all the toxic nasties from our lives – that means choosing natural personal care and cleaning products, among other things.
Today I want to introduce you to Wise Oak Soapery – Kara’s personal care products are designed to beautify and compliment your AIP lifestyle. Her artisinal natural soaps, shampoo and conditioner bars, body polishes, lip and body balms cater to those with autoimmunity and synthetic chemical sensitivity. While many are beautifully scented with essential oils, Wise Oak also offers fragrance free options. Each product is handcrafted from scratch using all-natural, high quality ingredients derived from the Earth. Kara is committed to doing her part to help Mother Earth by using eco-friendly packaging and simple, low waste shipping methods.
I recently had the opportunity to try Wise Oak Soap and I was BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the product. So luxurious and lightly scented, and while it leaves you feeling really clean, it doesn’t leave your skin with that squeaky, filmy feel – it’s simply clean! I’m personally prone to dry skin on my legs which causes itching, but I don’t even feel the need to moisturize after using Wise Oak. I’m also happy to tell you it doesn’t leave soap scum in your tub (I hate that about chemical soaps). Take a moment to learn more about Wise Oak Soapery and how the products were born out of necessity for Kara and her son … read her story here.
I’m thrilled that Kara has agreed to offer my followers 10% off any of their orders with Coupon Code: AIPRECIPE
So, be sure to show yourself a little self-care and try Wise Oak Soapery!
Kara pours her love into these products and you can really tell! ♥
I’ll let Kara take over from here ….
“I am a soap maker who normally makes solid all-natural soaps, however there are times when a liquid soap may be more desirable while retaining the natural goodness of the solid soap.
- A bubble bath
- A foaming hand soap for guests and other members of the household
- A general preference for liquid soap
Keep in mind liquid soap made from solid soap will naturally have a thinner consistency. Once you have completed this process, you may either add more soap to thicken a bit or thin it out more with additional water. However, when using for foaming soap, you will want a thinner consistency.”
Foaming Hand Soap
♥ RECIPE & IMAGES BY: Kara Vogt - WiseOakSoapery.com ♥
Looking for a beautiful way to support your Autoimmune Healing Journey? Pamper yourself with this luxurious, all-natural foaming soap recipe from Wise Oak Soapery!
- 1 bar of Wise Oak Soapery all-natural soap (Save 10% with CODE: AIPRECIPE)
- 1 empty foaming soap dispenser (you can use an old one and remove the label)
- 64 oz water (or 1 oz of shredded soap to 2 cups of water for smaller batches)
- Slow cooker
- Kitchen scale
- Vegetable shredder, food processor or knife
- Measuring cup
- Spoon or spatula to stir with
- Immersion blender or blender (optional)
- Using a bar of soap, shred the bar with a vegetable peeler or cut into cubes using a knife. You may also use a food processor to break it down further, if desired.
- Place the shredded soap into a slow cooker and add the water.
- Turn slow cooker on high and allow the soap and water to heat, stirring occasionally with a spoon. This process takes approximately 2.5 hours.
- Once the mixture has completely melted, you will see some of the soap remains as a solid-like lump. You can leave it as is or give it a quick spin with an immersion blender or standard blender (CAUTION - use care when blending heated liquid in a standard blender – allow it to cool first)
- Allow the soap to cool for about a half an hour and then pour into the bottles using a funnel. Note that you may have foam on the top, especially if the soap was blended. This will not hurt the soap.
- The soap can be used as soon as it has cooled.
If you'd like to use this as a bubble bath, try adding 1/4 cup of the liquid soap (or more) to a running bath. Remember, this is an all-natural product, so your bubbles may not be as voluminous as a traditional product, but rest assured you're still going to enjoy all of the beautiful benefits of soaking in these ingredients.
Relax & Enjoy!