Looking for an easy accompaniment to go with your Grilled Orange Ginger Pork Tenderloin? Or craving something different for a simply flavorful AIP breakfast or lunch? It doesn’t get much easier than this Fennel Citrus Salad with Honey Lime Dressing!
The dressing for this salad pairs perfectly as a drizzle with our Grilled Orange Ginger Pork Tenderloin, saving you the trouble of making any additional sauces or glazes! As a stand-alone salad, these flavors are bright and refreshing and this salad lends itself well to being topped with left over chicken, salmon or even canned tuna or sardines for a nutrient packed meal.
This recipe is part of our AIP Recipe Collection summer grilling project where we’re bringing you some tasty truLOCAL-inspired recipes.
Be sure to check out the main dish we suggestion pair this recipe with – Grilled Orange Ginger Pork Tenderloin
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 1 Medium Orange
- 1/2 Pink Grapefruit
Honey Lime Dressing
- PREPARE THE DRESSING: Measure all dressing ingredients into a small glass jar, affix the lid and shake well. Refrigerate and allow flavors to meld.
- PREPARE THE FRUIT & VEG: Remove the core from your fennel bulb and discard. If your fennel has fronds, reserve them for garnish. Thinly slice the fennel with a knife or a mandolin slicer (my recommendation here) and set aside in a bowl.
- Peel and slice the orange and grapefruit and set aside in a separate bowl.
TIP: Learn the easy way to peel and slice citrus and avoid struggling to get rid of the pith - check out this video!
TIP: If you're prepping your salad in advance of serving, we suggest keeping the citrus and fennel separate until serving because the citrus will release some of it's juices and make the dish too runny.
- Just prior to serving, toss the fennel and citrus together in a serving bowl and top with chopped fennel fronds if you have them.
- Serve the Honey Lime Dressing on the side so your family can dress their salad themselves, and use a little as a drizzle for their Grilled Orange Ginger Pork Tenderloin that we have suggested pairing this salad with.