Parker at Lovebird Cereal asked me to participate in his Cereal Madness Bake-Off using his amazing new AIP cereal, but I declined because I wasn’t feeling all that creative at the time .. then this happened!
Hello, AIP elimination stage compliant cereal-ously delicious, crispy chicken strips … or Lovebird Fingers … potatoe / potatoh … call ’em what you like, they’re yummy and totes kid-friendly!
I hope you and your family enjoy them! ♥
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on social media @aiprecipecollection – I can’t wait to see your results and hear how you’ve enjoyed them.
If you haven’t heard yet, there’s a new AIP cereal in town! Meet Lovebird Cereal – it’s 100% AIP Elimination Stage Compliant and 100% AMAZING!
This product is a game-changer for anyone with AIP kiddos … like cerealously … what have y’all been giving your AIP toddlers to munch on with Cheerios off the table!?
And what a treat to be able to grab a quick bowl of cereal in the morning for breakfast or an anytime snack … zero guilt – it’s a clean and healthy, gut-friendly option.
♥ Sweetened by Nature – No Refined Sugar or Stevia
♥ No “Natural” Flavors
♥ Nothing Fake!
♥ Perfect served with dairy-free milk like coconut milk, banana milk or tigernut milk (or nut milk if you’ve reintroduced them)
Lovebird cereal comes in three flavors – unsweetened, honey and cinnamon – and all are 100% AIP elimination stage compliant!
Free of inflammatory ingredients and full of gut health boosting nutrition to support your family’s immunity. In a perfect world, you could eat fresh whole foods but life is busy and sometimes you need some convenient options. That’s why Parker created Lovebird foods “to clean up junk food”.
And as if that weren’t enough, Lovebird donates twenty percent (20%) of net profit from the sale of all Lovebird products to nonprofits in support of charitable programming and research in the fight against pediatric cancer.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch, tapioca starch or cassava flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink salt
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (stage 1 reintroduction)
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed (SEE NOTES BELOW if you don't want to use avocado)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 3-4 Tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Generous pinch of salt
- 2 cups Unsweetened Lovebird Cereal, crushed *
Creamy AIP Salsa Dipper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place mashed avocado, oil, crushed garlic and water in a bowl and whisk to combine. (This mixture replaces eggs and will be used for dredging your chicken strips so it should be slightly thin in consistency. You may need to add additional oil and/or water depending on the size of your avocado.)
- In a zipper bag combine starch OR flour with the garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, ginger and black pepper and shake gently so that everything is well mixed.
- Add chicken strips to the zipper bag and shake until coated. Remove strips to a small plate, leaving the rest of the seasoning mix in the bag. Add crushed Lovebird cereal to the bag.
- One at a time, dip the chicken strips in the avocado mix and then immediately roll in the bottom of the zipper bag until generally coated. Once lightly coated give the strip a quick shake in the bottom of the bag and then remove the strip to the prepared baking sheet using your clean hand.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, flip, and bake 8 minutes more. Remove from the oven.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler heat source and preheat the oven's broiler to high.
- Return the pan to the preheated oven and broil for approximately 2 minutes, keeping a close eye so they don't burn.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately!
For the Dip: Combine all ingredients and enjoy!
* Crush your cereal in a zipper bag until it is a very fine crumble/bread crumb texture - a rolling pin works great for this job.
Avocado Substitution: If you prefer not to use avocado "egg" dredging mixture, you can simply use additive free coconut milk and skip the avocado, water, oil and crushed garlic.