PINNED POST – START HERE!
🍓🥑 NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS … PLEASE READ🥑🍓
On June 17, 2022 our pinned post on Facebook “disappeared.” Unfortunately, healthy things on the internet are being censored these days and I’ve even been having my own comments in my own Facebook group get deleted! Since this has been a concern of mine for over a year now, I have been preparing for the unlikely event that this group gets shut down or deleted – with or without notice.
My solution so we can stay in touch is to have you also sign up for my newsletter – click here – When you sign up, you’ll get some quick links to my best advice and resources for your AIP healing journey.
⚠The information provided here is for YOUR benefit so you understand the AIP Protocol AND how this unique group works.
⚠ YES, it’s long, but there are INVALUABLE resources here and links for your healing journey. Be sure to come back here when you have questions.
🍓🥑 WELCOME MESSAGE 🥑🍓
A QUICK preamble before we get started, to make sure you’re in the right place:
• This group is for those on the Autoimmune Protocol (diet and lifestyle changes) – this group concentrates on the AIP Elimination Stage, it is not Paleo – it is a variation of the Paleo diet designed specifically as a template for those with autoimmune disease.
• We follow the AIP (Autoimmune Protocol / Autoimmune Paleo / Paleo Autoimmune Diet) as presented by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, and I ask that everyone keep all comments strictly to AIP elimination stage and her protocol (not Whal’s protocol, not Meyer’s Way, not Whole 30 etc.. so as to avoid confusion). * More on the exact protocol here *
• If you skip reading the following you’re missing out on valuable information such as; links and resources, including food lists, beginner recipes and SEARCH INSTRUCTIONS for how to get the most out of the group, find tried and true recipes so much more!
• Please be sure to take advantage of the information below and the links – this information is for YOUR advantage … to save you time and vital energy … and even SAVE YOU MONEY if you read the right resources (HINT: be sure to check out the features/announcements section for shops, products and group discounts) I also use “topics” to make your lives easier, but Facebook keeps adding and deleting or tweaking this feature, so this seems to be your only access to our list of “topics” or “tags” – you may want to bookmark this link —> Topics Tags.
• Enjoy the group and take a look around! Our group FAQs and beginner resources for how to get started on the AIP are housed on my website.
• You can find TONS of free resources, cook book and reference book recommendations, shopping resources, step by step info on getting started, troubleshooting, my own recipes there – be sure to take a look – www.AIPRecipeCollection.com
🍓🥑 PINNED POST 🥑🍓
Because this once small community has grown to over 72,000 members (and I am an unpaid volunteer working behind the scenes SINGLE-handedly to curate and moderate this group), this group is presented more as a “page” than a “group” – but that makes it more useful, tidy and inspirational.
The way the group/page is presented is to help make everyone stronger and more self-sufficient on their healing journey. It’s as the old saying goes … “Give a man a fish and you’ll feed him for a day … Teach him how to fish and you’ll feed him for a lifetime!”
My goal is to EMPOWER YOU so you get off to the best start possible on your AIP Healing Journey.
🌷HELP ME TO HELP YOU – SUPPORT MY WORK 🌷
For those of you who appreciate what I’m doing in the group, on my website and in my Instagram feed (where I provide totally different content), if you’d like to support my work you can do so by clicking the button below. Every donation, no matter the size (even a few dollars), is greatly appreciated! It lets me know that what I’m doing is really helping people and that it’s appreciated. Your donations help me keep doing what I’m doing for this expanding community. If you want to read my story and why I’m here – you can check it out on my website.
🍓 WELCOME to the AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) Recipe Collection! 🍓
ABOUT THE PROTOCOL
• Your Healing Journey – If you’re here I assume that you too are on a healing journey from an Autoimmune Disease or that you have food allergies, sensitives, inflammation or gut issues for which it’s been suggest that following an AIP Diet may help you.
• What is the AIP Diet? Do NOT be confused the AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) Diet is one of HEALING, a lifestyle adjustment … NOT a fad diet for weight-loss. ALSO, this is NOT the Paleo Diet, some may call it the Autoimmune Paleo Diet, as it is MODIFIED from the Paleo Diet … it DOES DIFFER from the Paleo diet. (It is also NOT the Whal’s Protocol or the Meyer’s Way – they may be similar but we want there to be no confusion)
• #1 Resource Book There are many versions out there of the AIP – here, we use the scientific research of Dr. Sarah Ballantyne, who we consider the founder of the AIP. I HIGHLY Recommend you grab a copy of her updated book – The Autoimmune Protocol – this elimination diet and lifestyle change becomes a LOT easier when you understand why we omit or include what we do. The book includes food lists and everything you need to get started and progress through your healing journey, including reintroductions.
NOTE: This book is ONLY available as an e-book – go here for tips on that.
• #1 Resource Tool My Website! I have spent thousands of hours in research about autoimmune disease and the Autoimmune Protocol/AIP – You will find beginner resources and answers to FAQs that I get all the time here in the group. Having our group resources on a website makes them easier to use and searchable as opposed to the features offers on FB – PLUS they’re a resource you can share with friends and family without them having to be in this group. Please be sure to use the tools I provide there – www.AIPRecipeCollection.com
ABOUT THE GROUP
• VERY IMPORTANTLY, this “group” is DIFFERENT!!
Firstly, this is NOT a support group – there are plenty of groups out there for that – most are filled with posts about illnesses, symptoms, medications and complaints about having to cook and how hard it is to find special ingredients … I didn’t want this space to be just another one of those … This is NOT a place to rant or be sad … just a place for food motivation and deliciousness.
Secondly, the format here is more like a page than an interactive group. Over the years I have morphed this group in this direction to keep everyone SAFE! Our rules are strict because people’s health is at stake and I’ve seen a lot of bad advice given in groups out there .. so, hate me if you want to for my rules, or love the space for what it provides.
My Ask – If you don’t agree with the rules or the format here, please simply leave the group rather than lash out and make rude comments or attack me personally in comments or in private messages. Behavior like this will not be tolerated and you will be removed and blocked for such.
• So What Good Is The Group/Page?
Firstly, I provide daily inspiration that I hope will motivate everyone to get into the kitchen … it’s motivation to keep going and keep eating tasty foods that heal not hurt.
Secondly, it’s special in that it’s easily searchable for recipes.
Thirdly, there are NO duplicate recipe posts – you’re seeing unique recipes not just the same recipes over and over again! I post the recipes, members have their input by sharing their experience or reviews on the recipes in the comments (please DO share your reviews on recipes – it helps everyone – but read on for some specific commenting guidelines). Avoiding duplicates means more streamlined searches in the future and it also keeps all reviews in one place, making it far easier for members to judge if a recipe is a good one to try or not.
Keep reading for how to get the most out of the group.
🍏 GROUP RULES 🍏
⚠ NEED A RECIPE SUGGESTION? SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH!
I no longer longer allow posts from folks asking for members’ favorite recipes. Why? 1) We get the same questions over and over again. 2) There are literally thousands of recipes posted that include member recommendations that will satisfy your needs. AND Searching for yourself will provide FAR more inspiration than just getting tagged on a few recipes. How? The group search is your new best friend! Instructions can be found here
⚠ HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT A RECIPE? Start by finding the recipe posted in the group by using the search (there are thousands posted, so it’s very possible it’s already here). Check the main post and then the comments and see if your question is already covered. If you still need help, ask your question in the comments. Please don’t just post a generic question as a new post – it’s difficult to address queries without knowing seeing the recipe. If you didn’t find the recipe posted – include the link when you post your question as a new post.
🍏 POSTING / RECIPE SHARING RULES 🍏
🍏 All posts to the main wall will be posted by Me. Why? Everything posted is either AIP Elimination Stage Compliant as the recipe creator presented it OR I include notes how you can make it compliant. That said, I have to check every recipe for compliancy and wish to keep a standard format for listing all necessary AIP notes, tricky ingredients to watch for and suggestions where you can find required ingredients.
So how can you participate if you have a recipe you want to share?
⚠ RECIPE SHARING:
- Search the name of the recipe using the group search. If it exists, simply share your review/recommendations in the comments on the recipe post.
- If the recipe is not posted:
- please share it as a new post with a valid URL link to an online recipe
- NO links to posts on YouTube, Instagram or Pinterest.
- NO PHOTOS OR SCREEN CAPTURES from cookbooks or e-books, and no re-typing recipes from recipes that aren’t online ⛔ THIS IS COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT & A VIOLATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. ⛔ DO NOT ASK OTHER MEMBERS TO BREAK THE LAW BY POSTING A COPY OF A RECIPE OR ASK THEM TO SEND IT TO YOU IF A RECIPE HAS DISAPPEARED FROM A WEBSITE.
- Your post will be reviewed by me and posted with your comments about the recipe.
- NOTE: I am no longer allowing members to post their own recipes in a Facebook Post as they are very rarely presented properly with full, accurate ingredient lists and clear instructions. Additionally, most recipes people try to share are very often extremely similar to recipes already posted with online links (IF you have an extremely UNIQUE recipe I will consider posting it on my website with full credit to you, BUT it MUST be submitted as a new post with a complete and accurate ingredient list, full instructions (all laid out as you’d see in a cookbook) and quality photographs).
🍏 COMMENTING RULES 🍏
⚠ KEEP IT AIP ELIMINATION STAGE COMPLIANT – Please refrain from making recommendations in comments on recipes/posts that suggest ingredients that are NOT elimination stage compliant when someone is looking to make a substitution. Please refrain from mentioning that you’ve reintroduced XX ingredient and enjoyed a recipe with non-elimination stage ingredients as there are many people struggling during this stage. I’m happy for you that you’re progressing, but – be kind and think of others just starting out. Please also keep comments to THIS protocol – not Whal’s or Meyer’s way – that’s why I ask that you use the proper AIP book above.
• Do NOT include brand names (ingredients change – a product that is compliant today may not be tomorrow)
• Do NOT include comments or links or where to purchase items – this is a worldwide group
NOTE: Comments that are deemed inappropriate or include non-compliant suggestions will be deleted without notification. If your comment / suggestion goes missing please do not post it again, but rather consider why it may have been deleted.
⛔ DO NOT POST RECIPES IN COMMENTS – (recipe posting instructions above). DO NOT post a recipe link in the comments – not even if someone is looking for a suggestion! If you want, you can tag them on the previously posted recipe you suggest OR encourage them to use the group search OR submit the recipe as instructed above (if it’s not posted) and mention the other member’s name. WHY? 1) All recipes must be checked by Admin for AIP compliancy and this can slip through the cracks if they’re posted in a comment. 2) So that all recipes can be found in a search of the group posts – we don’t want great recipes being missed!
⛔ COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES are recipes from cookbooks (or websites/blogs that have disappeared) to be copied (photos or text or re-typed) and posted in this group as posts or in comments. This is due to copyright infringement & intellectual property right laws and Facebook rules. NOTE: Yes – websites disappear from time to time – especially in the realm of the AIP bloggers, so if you find a recipe you like or want to try, be sure to keep a PDF copy for YOUR OWN USE only. Copying and pasting or sharing these also falls under copyright infringement.
⛔ HEALTH DISCUSSIONS & AIP INFORMATION – I do not allow posts or comments that promote or discuss health care reports, health care alternatives, products, the latest research findings in the AIP world or otherwise. Discussion about supplements and other diet/lifestyle suggestions are also NOT permitted here.
⛔ NO INSTAGRAM OR YOU-TUBE STYLE POSTS – I do not allow people to simply post a photo of their food -people are here for recipes. IF you want to share a photo or a recipe you have made, include it in the comments on the recipe post with your review. I do not allow videos in comments.
⛔ YOU MUST MAKE AN EFFORT – I no longer allow posts (or questions in comments) about ingredients, brands or if items or recipes are compliant. You must do your own homework and learn the protocol. I have provided everything you need to get started right here in the pinned post or on my website – please utilize the resources.
⛔ NO SUPPORT QUESTIONS in posts or comments. Questions regarding health and reactions to foods should be addressed with a health professional. I will not allow posts of this nature and will delete comments of this nature. I recommend seeking expert advice over support groups (see below for more on this – I don’t leave you without directing you to help).
⛔ NO PROMOTIONAL POSTS – I do not allow members to promote their own blog (this includes recipe bloggers), websites, YouTube pages, products or otherwise. Members that persist with this type of posting will be permanently removed from the group. If you have something you want to promote you should contact me directly by private message or via the contact page on my website.
🍓 🥑 WARNINGS & DISCLAIMERS 🥑 🍓
• Watch for **FOR AIP** Notes – This group is PRIMARILY FOR THE ELIMINATION STAGE OF THE AIP Lifestyle … HOWEVER the elimination stage is NOT meant to be forever, and there may be recipes posted that include REINTRODUCTIONS or are not 100% AIP .. In this case posts will include instructions on HOW TO MAKE IT ELIMINATION STAGE COMPLIANT – watch for these!!
• Sweets in Moderation! Yes, you’ll find LOTS of AIP sweets and treats posted in the group, but you must remember that nutrient density is the goal of the AIP. Keep sweets and treats to a minimum for special occasions and times when you can share them with others so you don’t over-indulge.
• Be Cautious – Please be careful if you follow links in recipes to ingredients or other recipes as not all recipes come from AIP websites and they may recommend products that are not compliant (unfortunately even some AIP recipe bloggers make these mistakes) – so it’s up to you to know what’s AIP elimination stage and what’s not.
• Education IS Required! – Each member will need to educate themselves about the AIP and should work toward a PERSONALIZED AIP LIFESTYLE PLAN that works for their own body and health concerns. The AIP is meant to be a temporary TEMPLATE that you work toward customizing! NOT ALL recipes are suitable for everyone – even if the ingredients are elimination stage compliant – it is YOUR responsibility to learn and know what’s right for YOU.
• Things Slip Through the Cracks – While I do my best to ensure that only AIP compliant recipes, ingredients and suggestions appear in group posts and discussions, occasionally comments on posts will slip past me (or the post existed before I clamped down on posts and rules). In that case please feel free to use the “report to Admin” feature, or make a note and tag me. If you notice SPAM or other inappropriate content, or are contacted by private message about products or services, please report to me ASAP by direct message so I can keep this group safe. Thank you!
• Affiliate Links – I spend many hours each day managing this group, providing private personal support and daily recipe inspiration. I do NOT earn anything from your clicks to other sites (as I’ve been accused of in the past). There are affiliate links to shops and products posted in the group and I do present promotional posts and offers for the benefit of the group. I only make a small commission IF you choose to use the affiliate links or coupon codes to purchase something – it does not cost you extra, and I appreciate your support.
AIP Friendly Shops: Click Here for My Food Sourcing Page
NOTE: Check the announcements / featured section in the group or the Topics Section for affiliate shops and #groupdiscount AND even Amazon – I’ve spend hours putting together AIP Amazon Storefronts so you can find AIP products for the USA, Canada and the UK! (Amazon is one of the companies I have started to work with, and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.) I make pennies (if that) per hour that I commit to this group and think you’ll find I provide a huge amount of time, dedication and inspiration. If you’re not okay with promotions, affiliate links and me being the only one making these recommendations, this group may not be for you.
Phew! …. Now that all the business is taken care of, I want to express an attitude of gratitude and thank you for joining this group/page!
I Hope You Enjoy!
P.S. – the following are some quick links to valuable resources
❤️ RESOURCES ❤️
The following are highly valuable resources for your benefit – please don’t skip them – they are written by the AIP EXPERTS!!!
❤️ Confused about how to get started right?
Because I’ve seen so many start here who are overwhelmed and don’t know what to do first, I’ve transitioned our resource albums to my website where everything is laid out for you. It also provides a searchable source of FAQs. Take a moment to check it out, I’ve spent a lot of time pulling answers together for questions I get asked the most and I continue to add to it regularly (Some Popular Topics: Prepping Your Kitchen & Pantry, AIP Milks, Doing the AIP at a Vegetarian or Vegan, AIP Sweeteners, Coffee & Tea on the AIP, Alcohol on the AIP, Snacks, Spices, Feeding Your Family & Kids AIP, Can you Cheat on the AIP, Dining Out, Social Situations, Supplements and sooooo much more!).
PLEASE please utilize this resource when you have questions – I think you’ll find it very helpful – www.AIPRecipeCollection.com
❤️ If you’re unable to find an answer, you can seek help from a support group (my comments on this and recommendations below – though I really don’t recommend them at all) or post a question to the group as a new post and explain where you’ve searched for answers. If you’ve made an attempt to find answers but can’t find them I’m willing to help!
❤️ RESOURCES ❤️
• AIP FAQs
🍎 FOOD LISTS! 🍎
⚠ IMPORTANT: This group follows these food lists as a guideline. There may be other variations of the AIP but for our purposes we ask that when posting recipes these are followed.
All of our food lists are housed on my website – click here.
The Autoimmune Protocol E-Book by Dr. Sarah Ballantyne is the ultimate, most up to date guide and food list for the AIP and I highly recommend it – totally worth the purchase!
🍎 Yes-No-Maybe AIP List of foods from the Paleo Mom (not EVERY food, but a good start). BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THIS!! YOU’LL USE IT FREQUENTLY!! I keep it on my phone since it’s a searchable PDF. Note: It is NOT the most up to date list – that is only available in its entirety above in the book.
🌷 TROUBLESHOOTING THE AIP! 🌷
This is a pretty loaded topic, and there are so many reasons you may be looking to trouble shoot your AIP healing journey. Maybe you’re seeing little to no improvement after 30-90 days, or you’re feeling worse since you started on the elimination stage. Since there’s so much to this, I’ve dedicated a post or two on it – please click here to read more – I want you to find the resources you need so you can see success.
Click here to find my collection of troubleshooting tips and resources.
🌷 ENCOURAGEMENT 🌷
Need some encouragement and emotional support … I’ve written a blog post about the 5 Steps to Grieving Over Illness (click here) – it’s a very real thing.
🌷 BEGINNER RECIPES 🌷
Looking for simple recipes to get started? Silly question I know 😉
Be sure to use the Group Search feature as mentioned above or the “Topics” section and search for #fivestar #gailsfave #beginner and so much more (click these links and you’ll get there!).
You can also try RealPlans meal planning app – see below!
🌷 SUBSTITUTIONS IN RECIPES 🌷
Substitutions in AIP BAKING are NOT recommended – Please click to read all about it here.
Substitutions in AIP COOKING are a slightly different story and typically need to be determined on a recipe by recipe basis.
Since not all recipes posted here are AIP Elimination Stage compliant, notes are included in the main post as to how to make the recipe compliant, so don’t just jump to the recipe link – READ ALL DETAILS IN POSTS!!
🌷 SPECIAL GROUP SAVINGS & ANNOUNCEMENTS 🌷
Be sure to check out all the top offers in our Features / Announcements Section or by using the group search or Topic #groupdiscount. You can also click here for quick AIP Coupons.
🌷 REAL PLANS – AIP MEAL PLANNING APP 🌷
Looking for an app that delivers you weekly meal plans that are 100% AIP compliant? RealPlans is completely adaptable and PERFECT for every AIPer no matter what stage of the protocol you’re following – from Strict Elimination Stage to Reintroductions, RealPlans has you covered!
For more details and my review of the app, click to read my post and review.
🌷 PRE-PREPARED AIP MEALS DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR! 🌷
Learn more and SAVE with our EXCLUSIVE GROUP CODE!
In need of some convenience because your autoimmune condition leaves you exhausted and you just can’t prepare EVERY meal? If you’re in the USA, you’ll want to check out this top quality meal service that has a wide variety of AIP meals – it’s called Paleo on the Go.
For more details visit this post.
🍋 SUPPORT GROUPS 🍋
IMPORTANT: If you are struggling with your health PLEASE seek professional advice above.
I don’t really care for support groups (due to a lot of bad and borderline-dangerous advice I’ve seen given in some – I do spot check them from time to time and the “quality” of advice is typically horrible and they are not that closely monitored – it’s heartbreaking). I ADVISE you get professional advice or use quality references (see my website for compiled resources and references) over support groups.
🍋 If you’re looking for a local group near you, an online group, focused groups for : pregnancy and breast feeding, coconut free (Note – You can also search the AIP Recipe Facebook Group or click here —> for #coconutfree recipes (to be honest, you’ll probably find more in my group than the coconut free group!) or try the Real Plans Meal Planning App), instant pot, canning and preserving and fermenting, low FODMAP, low histamine I’ve included links on my website. Click HERE for links to various groups.
Okay, that’s all for now AIPers!
I’m confident if you’ve taken the time to consider the information compiled here, and in the links provided that you’ll get off to a great start on the AIP.
Once again, welcome to the group … I wish you much healing ♥
Click Here to Head Back to the Group for Recipes!
Click Here to Check Out the Resources on the AIP Recipe Collection Website